Tamar’s Tapestry provides advocacy and awareness programs for local and state organizations who desire to learn more about the growing human trafficking industry and it’s prevalence in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery. This crime occurs when a trafficker uses force, fraud or coercion to control another person for the purpose of engaging in commercial sex acts or soliciting labor or services against his/her will.
- Sex Trafficking is the largest, and fastest growing, criminal industry in the world. It has passed the drug industry.
- In Texas, there are an estimated 79,000 minors who are sex trafficking victims
- 2 children are sold into the human sex trade every minute, worldwide.
- 90% of trafficking victims are women and girls
- In the U.S., there are less than 320 beds available to care for women who are rescued.
National Hotline http://humantraffickinghotline.org
Polaris Project https://polarisproject.org
Blue Campaign https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
Our local students are preyed upon, and promised a better future, by those who will use and harm them. Tamar’s Tapestry provides programs to enlighten students about the many tactics used to entice and entrap them. Our programs are available to schools, youth groups, youth programs…
Tamar’s Tapestry uses creative outreach in our work with law enforcement and private agencies for victim identification.
Tamar’s House is a safe refuge for rescued victims. At Tamar’s House, women are saved from further trafficking. In this caring environment, they receive the help they need on their journey to restoration.